Monday 24 July 2017

Lilac Disco Lobster

Hi everyone, I hope it's nice and sunny where you are. It's been a bit grey here and it's making me sleepy! It could also be the intense dreams I've been having... so to brighten things up here are some disco lobsters! I based this nail art on the quirky lobster jewellery from Tatty Devine in Covent Garden. I have one of their red ones which I adore, but they have also come in a few other colours as limited additions. The purple disco lobster surfaced on Instagram some time ago and I've been meaning to create it on my nails ever since.

The lobsters were painted using a small nail art brush, I did them in separate segments to mimic the necklace I have but this also made them easier to paint. It was a good excuse to practise my freehand as that's what I'm least good at in nail art. I used a dotting tool for the eyes. For the gems I put a bit of top coat where I wanted to place them, and once they were all placed and dried I added a top coat again. I find this generally keeps them on for a few days before they start to disappear, I do get tempted pick at them. It's not worth gluing them on in my opinion as it makes it very tricky to get them off!

Here they are below in varying lengths. It didn't make much sense unless I was holding my hands that way, but I enjoyed the novelty, and being able to hold them different ways for different lengths of lobster!
Colours used: Wardour Street - Nails Inc, Alpine Snow - OPI, Lady In Black - OPI

No comments:

Post a Comment