Thursday 20 July 2017

Throwback Thursday: Pineapple Addict

Hi everyone! The pineapples are back! I've done a few pineapple themed nail art designs before, so when Julys Nail Addicts collaboration theme was announced as time machine (throwback), I thought I'd recreate the first pineapple nails I ever did. I reckon they're from about 3 or 4 years ago. The older design is shown in the poor quality Instagram shot bottom right.

Rather ridiculously I did manage to do the pineapples the wrong way round! I usually paint so the designs are the right way up for me, but the original design was the other way round. I forgot this however when it came to re-doing it. I used a small nail art brush for the pineapples, and though I went for the same colours I refreshed it with newer nail polishes. I finished with my favourite top coat (Nails Inc Kensington Caviar), and it lasted just over a week, as I haven't had as much time to do my nails lately!

I think it's a slight improvement, neater round the edges anyway! You can see everyone else's throwback nail art on Instagram @nailaddictscollab
Colours used (new design): Alpine Snow - OPI, Gold Digger - Barry M, Seven Dials - Nails Inc, Spring Green - Barry M, Chelsea Embankment - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment