Tuesday 25 December 2018

Christmas Day Nails 2018

Merry Christmas everyone!  These are my Christmas Day nails for 2018, done in between various preparations yesterday! I started with a white base and then a couple of layers of shimmering top coat to give a wintery, snowy effect. I then used my Happy Christmas plate from Uber Chic to choose a selections of images from around the home at Christmas. most of which I stamped in black onto my Uber Mat. I then coloured them in using various Christmassy colours, including a few from the newer Cirque Colors Facets collection.

Once dry I covered with another layer of clear top coat to create decals, and once that was dry peeled them off to apply to my nails. You can see the full process here. I finished off with a quick dry top coat and hurried downstairs to drink mulled wine and watch Mole's Christmas! (a half an hour wind in the willows cartoon we watch on Christmas Eve every year). I'm pretty happy with these, they don't quite beat 2015's for me but I think they are my second fave of all my Christmas day nails, so pretty pleased!

I have had a lovely day with my family (and will go re-join them again now!) and some lovely presents including a couple of nail polishes of course. Hope you have all had a lovely day wherever you are :)
Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Good Vibes - Nails Inc, Midnight Mischief - Painted Polish, Forest Green - Mo You London, Ruby - Cirque Colors, Emerald - Cirque Colors, Sapphire - Cirque Colors, Foil Effect in Gold - Barry M, Bronze Bae - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment