Sunday 16 May 2021

A Skittle of Lush Bath bombs

Hey everyone! Rather psychedelic skittle mani to share today! After enjoying a few Lush bath bombs I decided I might try and re-create them on my nails. The bath bombs always look too lovely to use (and the bath water looks even lovelier!) so I thought I could keep them alive  a bit longer on my nails! It was a good fun and quirky long which I enjoyed doing! I've explained each nail below.

The index finger is based on The Goddess Bath Bomb - I don't think it looks anything like it to be honest! The bath bomb was sooo gorgeous and made the bath water shimmery and purple. I used lilac polish with an iridescent topper and then used a small nail art brush to add the rings,

The middle finger is based on the Shoot For The Stars Bath Bomb which smells absolutely amazing! I haven't actually used it yet but I have saved it till last as it looks and smells so lovely! It will be tough to beat The Goddess though! I started with a blue base and then used gold metallic polish and the Kelli Marissa Bundle Monster plate for the star image. I removed some of the additional spots to make it look more like the bath bomb.

The ring fingernail was inspired by The Comforter Bubble Bar, one I've had a few times as they've done it for a while, it's smells sensational! I don't think I captured the spirals quite well enough but it's fairly true to what it looked like - shame I can't make my nails smell that good too!

My little finger nail was inspired by the Intergalactic Bath Bomb which I received as a gift as part of the Bath Art gift set. I was blown away by it's lovely colours and shimmer! I quite like the way this one came out on my nails too. For this and the above I used a small nail art brush and regular nail polish.

The thumbnail was inspired by the Dragons Egg Bath Bomb. This one reminds me of University as that's where I first tried it, and it's still going! It's got orange and gold inside like little baby dragon flames which is good fun! For the nail look I used a dotting tool to recreate the little coloured patched on the bath bomb.

Colours used: Wardour Street - Nails Inc, Jellyfish - Barry M, Oasis - Jessica Polish, Seymour Walk - Nails Inc, Hello Sailor - Wikkid Polish, Cream Soda - Barry M, Notting Hill Carnival - Nails Inc, Bikini Bombshell - Wikkid Polish, My Mate Illuminate - Wikkid Polish, Foil Effect in Gold - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment