Saturday 22 May 2021

Planetary Nails

Hey everyone! Hope you're having a good week :) I'm feeling pleased with myself as we've done some gardening and I'm enjoying the difference it made. My partners parents came to help us which made a big difference and was fun too! So todays nail art is for the Glam Nails Challenge again, and it's late...again. I have a good excuse this time though in that my 1st dose of the Covid vaccine got in the way (felt absolutely fine - just a bit tired). I had so many different planet nail ideas in my head, and this is what I ended up with!

I started with a black base with one coat of sparkly silver (colours listed below pictures). I then used the Mo You London Sci Fi 10 plate for the planets. I started by using white stamping polish to add circles for the planets, so that the colours would stand out more against the black background. I then used a variety of colours to stamp over the circles. Finally I used gold and silver metallic polish to add the outlines/patterns to the planets. The only exception to this is the ringed planet on my thumb (which I'm considering to be Saturn) where I used the advanced stamping technique to create a decal (still added over a white circle). I think this one is my fave, especially when the sparkly orange shines through in bright lights! I have a real thing for orange polish at the moment.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with these and would definitely like to try planet nails again with some different colours and styles.

Colours used: Lady In Black - OPI, Diamond Glitter - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, If You've Got It Haunt It - Uber Chic Beauty, Indigo Ink - Nail Paint Palette London, King Tut's Gem - Jessica Polish, Pixie Parade - Tonic Polish, Prima Donna - Jessica Polish, Foil Effect in Gold - Barry M, Foil Effect in Silver - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment