Thursday 6 May 2021

In a (neon) galaxy far far away...

Hi again! Catching up a bit so today's nail art is for yesterdays Glam Nails Challenge prompt, which was 'galaxy'. I haven't done a galaxy look in a while so I found a tutorial on YouTube which inspired me to give it a go with some neons (colours listed below the pictures). The base is a Nails Inc shade I've had for ages and enjoyed digging it out again. I've found I haven't bought much nail polish this year and while I'm sure that won't last it is quite good having the motivation to go back and enjoy older shades rather than just focusing on the newer ones.

Once the deep blue metallic base was dry I used a small piece of sponge held with tweezers to dab some white stamping polish across my nails in roughly diagonal lines. I then added patches of neon polish over the top, trying to keep it lightly applied. Once dry I added a sparkly top coat and then a few little start images from the Kelli Marissa Bundle Monster plate. These stars are perfect for adding to galaxy manicures as they're small and just the right shape, saves me having to attempt freehand!

Overall I'm quite pleased with these, it was something a bit different for me but easy to do and with a fun result!

Colours used: Chesham Place - Nails Inc, Down At The Deep End - Wikkid Polish, Joyful L'il Jellybean - Wikkid Polish, Hello Sailor - Wikkid Polish, Wardour Street - Nails Inc, Diamond Glitter - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

No comments:

Post a Comment