Thursday 30 July 2015

Throwback Thursday: New York Skyline

Todays Throwback Thursday is one of my favourite nail designs I've ever done, and I don't think the picture does it justice if I do say so myself! Original design was most likely found on Pinterest, I made some amendments and have done this one on friends too. I think the gradient could be improved, I was using sponges that came from shoe boxes at my old job! I still have some and think they work well if you want a rougher effect but make-up sponges would give a smoother gradient.

The black outline was done with a nail art pen and then filled in with a small nail brush, and the white was also done with a nail art pen, getting a few layers on there for a bolder effect. 


Colours used: Blue Moon - Barry M, Cyan Blue - Barry M, Baker Street - Nails Inc, Nail Art Pen in Balck - Barry M, Nail Art Pen in White - Barry M, New York Noir by Kate Spade - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment