Saturday 15 October 2016

Watercolour Succulents

Last (or maybe second to last) summery design for the year! I'm a little behind with my blog posts due to the amount of time I've been away from home lately. This design was created with my Uber Chic succulents stamping plate, which I absolutely adore. This isn't an original, I saw the design on the Nail Polish Society and loved it so had to give it a go myself. It's a little different as I used a watercolour effect rather than water marbling and slightly darker colours.

I started with two coats of white polish, and while it dried prepared my stamping tools. For each of the three watercolours, I mixed a blob of polish with some nail polish remover on a piece of foil. I then used a wide nail art brush to splodge/spread the nail polish on to my nail. Anywhere I thought the colour was too opaque I just dipped the brush in some polish remover and used it to water down the colour. Finally, once dry, I used black stamping polish and a negative space image from the Uber Chic succulents stamping plate over the top, ta-da!

I really liked how this design turned out and it was very easy to do. Thank you Nail Polish Society for the inspiration! I used the image on the left of the stamping plate which is perfect for pretty much any nail length, as it goes the whole way up the plate. This is perfect for me as my nail length varies often and sometimes it is too long for the images on smaller plates.
Colours used: Alpine Snow - OPI, Greenberry - Barry M, Cyan - Barry M, Bright Purple - Barry M, Black Knight - Mo You London

No comments:

Post a Comment