Sunday 29 December 2019

Christmas Scenes for Christmas Day

Hi all - hope you had a lovely Christmas! My Christmas Day nail art didn't quite turn out how I wanted this year but I think it's OK. That has happened a few times before, probably because I try something new and exiting I haven't done before, and then don't have time to change it if I'm not so sure! Christmas Day itself was lovely though!

I started with a base of white nail polish, and then stamped some Christmas scene images from Mo You London's Noel 01 stamping plate in black. I love the images, they are so detailed and remind me of Mole's Christmas, a short Wind in the Willows Christmas special me and my sisters watch every year before Christmas. My initial plan was to use the sharpie technique where you water down the sharpie ink with nail polish remover on tin foil, and with hindsight I probably should have stuck to this. Instead I decided to colour the images in with the sharpies, straight onto the nail polish (a top coat was applied first). This gives stronger colours but I think they were probably a little too strong/dark in this case as it takes away from the detail of the images. I also ended up with one sharpie coming out a lot more neon orange than expected!

Once the sharpie colouring was complete I used a dotting tool to add some shimmer over the white snow, and a few little silver dots as stars. I liked how the shimmer turned out though you can't see if well in these pictures. So overall I think these were OK but I would definitely do them differently next time.
Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Assorted Sharpies, Balancing Act - Nails Inc

2 comments:

  1. Looks nice, I like it :-D The couple are cute <3

    Hope you had a great time :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you it was lovely :) Hope you did too!

    ReplyDelete