Monday 30 December 2019

Traditional Christmas Stamping

Hello all, one more Christmas nail art to share before we're in the new year! To me this look is a bit more classic and not as overtly Christmassy as some of my other looks, I was inspired by someone I saw on a Facebook nail group who did lovely navy and gold nails with a gold accent, and am really pleased that I tried out some more of the classic looking images on my Mo You London Noel 01 stamping plate.

Simplicity was the key to this look, though it still took a little while waiting for all the layers to dry! I started with a base of Bobbing for Baubles by Essie, it needed a bit of a shake and was darker than I remembered but I'm pleased with it, I was going for a sort of muted navy look. On my accent nail I used a gold base and then sponged on some gold glitter, it's a pretty old one so stank the room out a bit - I dread to think what chemicals are in there, definitely not 3-free!

On the navy blue I used gold metallic nail polish to stamp some images from the Noel 01 plate, and a matte topcoat over the top. They are quite traditional looking and I'm really pleased I tried them out without colouring them in as they are quite detailed and I think that really shines through in gold over navy. It's a shame the bottom right picture didn't come out very well but the thumbs were my favourite, I love how the snowman is a perfect fir for my thumb nail!
Colours used: Bobbing for Baubles - Essie, Gold Digger - Barry M, Foil Effect in Gold - Barry M, Gold Glitter - Barry M

2 comments: