Tuesday 24 December 2019

Christmas Countdown Nails!

Happy Christmas Eve! The nail art I'm sharing with you today is one I was excited to try after the idea came to mind when we picked up a little count down to Christmas decoration at an arcade in Hastings. The idea was to put numbers on my nails and cross them off as the days went by. In the end I didn't cross any off after 5 as I think they looked nicer with the numbers showing! I really enjoyed bringing an advent calendar feeling to my nails. Maybe next year I can somehow have pictures that I uncover as a countdown to Christmas?

I started with a base of Christmas Cookie by ILNP on all the nails where I wanted to put images, Say Love (also ILNP) on a couple more, and for the green base I used green polish topped with green glitter (colours listed below the pictures). For the images I used the advanced stamping technique with stamping plates Noel 03 from Mo You London and Happy Christmas from UberChic. For the background patterns beneath the numbers I used more images from the Happy Christmas plate and Holiday Spirit, also from UberChic. On the Happy Christmas plate there is a little circle for colouring in one of the bauble images which was a perfect base for the numbers. The numbers are from Mo You London's Typography 04 plate.

I'm really happy with how these turned out, I love the little mouse with a hot cocoa image! I've enjoyed having these very festive colours on too! I felt a little sad to be taking them off today but by Christmas Day nail art must be done!
Colours used: Christmas Cookie - ILNP, Say Love - ILNP, Watermelon - Barry M, Secret - Fun Lacquer, Primadonna - Danglefoot, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Little Bo Peep - Rimmel, Foil Effects in Gold - Barry M

2 comments:

  1. Awesome mani. Loving the mouse too <3 He is very cute!

    All the best :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The mouse is my fave :)

    Hope you had a super Christmas!

    ReplyDelete