Monday 23 December 2019

Elegant Bauble Nails

Hi all, back again already - I have way too much nail art to post before Christmas! These were pretty short lived unfortunately, as I wanted them for my work Christmas party, but then wanted something different (coming up next) for our pre-Christmas trip to Norway. I wanted something classy but also a bit shimmery and Snozzberry by Cirque Colors was perfect! It's a really gorgeous vampy colour and my favourite from the Candy Coat collection (still need to try Juicy Fruit though!).

I painted all my nails except my ring fingernails with Snozzberry, and used a cream base on the accent nail.  For the images I used a tree branch and decoration image from Mo You London's Noel 01 plate from their new Christmas collection this year. I used the advanced stamping technique (see how here) to create decals with these images and stick them on my nails before finishing with a glossy top coat, and used a peel off base underneath as they were due to be short lived.

I was pretty pleased with these and enjoyed their simplicity and sparkle, plus the rich Christmassy colours. They didn't last very long with the peel off base (usually it lasts OK on me) but that did make it less of a challenge to get them off! I've included a picture at the bottom of this post of the decals as well as I think the design could have looked better if I could have fit more of the lovely baubles on!
Colours used: Snozzberry - Cirque Colors, Cream Soda - Barry M, Emerald - Cirque Colors, Citrine - Cirque Colors, Crushed Ice - Cirque Colors, Sapphire - Cirque Colors, Padparadscha. Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection
To the left are the full size decals I created for the accent nails, following being peeled off my Uber Mat.

I probably shouldn't have bothered colouring in all the baubles as I knew they wouldn't fit across my nails, but they looked so gorgeous sparkling away with the lovely Cirque Colors Facets Collection shades!

I'd never have been able to fit the whole things width ways over my nails but it's a shame I had them filed down a bit shorter at the time as it would have been nice to get more the the glittery tree branches in!

2 comments:

  1. I like this mani, it is cool and the red base is just wow!

    ReplyDelete