Sunday 22 December 2019

Christmas Jumper Nails & 'Ugly' Nail Polish

Only three days till Christmas! It's all coming towards me very fast and I feel a bit unprepared but excited! I've got all my presents now but haven't wrapped any for those I'm seeing during the holidays. I'm lucky enough to be off from Christmas eve through to the new year but will be working on Monday. So I have kind of ended up with a backlog of Christmas nail art! I will have to do two blog posts in one day if I want to get them all out before Christmas! This is partly due to a lovely trip to Oslo we had from Saturday to Wednesday.

So for this nail art I wanted to do some Christmas jumper patterns as I have a fair few of these between my various Christmas stamping plates. I also thought it would be a perfect opportunity to try Pineapples Have Peelings Too from OPI. I remember when this first came out and I saw it in a department stores and felt... confused... it seems to be a odd mix of glitter colours to have in a gold base! Several years down the line I've seen it come up in various bloggers least favourite polish lists, and when I saw it reduced in TK Maxx I had to have it for that very reason! To be honest it's not the ugliest polish I've seen, and it has some festive fun to it, I'm kind of fond of it in a way! But it was a strange idea to put chunky glitter in metallic gold which then covers the glitter up on 2nd and 3rd layers (which it needs as the gold is thin). The colour choices are also unusual and glitter placement is quite tricky as the glitter particles are heavy in the watery base. Not what I would usually expect from OPI but it has it's own special place in my nail polish collection and it is kind of perfect for 'ugly Christmas jumper' nails. I also don't think Christmas jumpers are ugly, I think they're glorious! :D

I feel like I've waffled on a bit there, for the nails that weren't wearing Pineapples Have Peelings Too I used metallics (colours below the pictures) and white stamping polish over the top. The stamping plates used were Holiday Spirit (Christmas-01) from UberChic, and Festive 06 from Mo You London. My finger nails were just short enough to use the MYL ones and I used UberChic images on the thumbs. I was quite happy with these overall, fairly simple to do and quite fun. Also despite it's questionable formula I do think Pineapples Have Peelings Too is possibly the best name for a nail polish I've ever seen! (Giddy Kipper is a close second)
Colours used: Pineapples Have Peelings Too - OPI, Red Velvet - Mark (Avon), Emerald Green - Barry M, Primrose Park - Nails Inc

2 comments:

  1. Nice mani! Really like it :-D

    Haha I have that OPI, still not used it. But I did needed it in my life, as it was very odd and different!

    Great you are off all that time - enjoy and merry christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Hehe definitely try it! The formula is pretty tricky but it's certainly unique!
      Thank you very much, Merry Christmas to you too and I hope you're getting a good holiday!

      Delete