Monday 23 December 2019

Penguins In A Winter Wonderland

Hello again!! This nail art was done shortly after the last for our trip to Oslo. I was really pleased with how it turned out and with how our holiday turned out too! Three years ago we went on a 'one-off' trip to Norway pre-Christmas and thoroughly fell in love with it! We've now had pre-Christmas trips to Trondheim, Tromso and Oslo, all were wonderful in different ways!

For this look I wanted to create a cosy winter village look with penguins skating though, inspired by the little house images on my Noel 03 plate from Mo You London. I used the advanced stamping technique and a few of Barry M's Molten Metal polishes, and a few sneaky sparkly shades for the penguin scarfs and present. You can see how here. For the snow which I stamped on before the decals I used the Noel 06 plate, I used it for the snowflakes behind the penguins too.

To improve things next time I think I need to apply the top coat better and clean up and the bottom of my nails as there were some jagged edges but overall I was really happy with this look, and think it was quite fitting for Norway too (though unfortunately I didn't actually see any skating penguins while there, just people).
Colours used: Laguna - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Bronze Bae - Barry M, Gold Digger - Barry M, Say Love - ILNP, Emerald - Cirque Colors

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, great. I love the penguin, he looks so happy skating along :-D

    Bummer you didn't see any lol I love penguins <3 And fancy Norway too - on my list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :) everyone loves a penguin!

    Hehe would have been so cute! I'd totally recommend it, we normally just go for a short break though as it's so expensive!

    ReplyDelete