Saturday 20 February 2021

Gothic church window nails with Zeitgeist

HellO there and happy weekend! I've had a pampering sort of morning and am now blogging and watching nail videos before lunch. Hoping to be more productive in the afternoon! I recently purchased this unusual coppery multi-chrome nail polish by Cirque Colors and wasn't quite sure what to do with it nail art wise, till I saw someones swatch where the polish looked quite gothic, so I thought I'd try out an accent nail with my Gothic 10 stamping plate from Mo You London. I love an excuse to use sheer black as well!

So I started with a base of two coats of Zeitgeist from Cirque Colors on three of my nails, and one coat of sheer black on my thumb and ring fingernails. Once dry I stamped a couple of church window images over the sheer black using black stamping polish. I love how opaque my black stamping polish is - the images come out so nice and crisp! I then added a black outline on the two accent nails with black nail polish and a small nail art brush. The outline didn't show up particularly well but still made the look feel a bit more complete.

I'm pleased with the way this turned out and Zeitgeist is so beautiful and unusual. I think it would look really good on it's own with a dark wintery or autumnal outfit. I couldn't really capture the colour shift that well but I captured the shine at least!

Colours used: Zeitgeist - Cirque Colors, Coal - Fancy Gloss, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Lady In Black - OPI

1 comment: