Monday 1 February 2021

Mittens on my fingertips!

Hello all! You can perhaps tell what this is going to be but I just couldn't resist jumping on the bandwagon with all the Bernie Sanders memes going round at the moment! I don't have the exact colours or much in the way of freehand skills, but thought it seemed simple enough to have a try.

I started with a base of pale brown, and found a picture online of the mittens so I could use them as a template. I then got some cream and dark brown nail polish and a small nail art brush, and following the picture made a simplified pattern on my thumbnail. It's a little wobbly but it's practise! Once I had the pattern down I added it to my other nails one line at a time. I alternated the order in which my patterns went to make it less uniform. I finished the look with a matte topcoat as the mittens are woolly and certainly not shiny!

I enjoyed wearing very topical nail art, and the novelty of wearing a very different colour scheme to my usual tastes. I think they look quite 70's! They also remind me of Easter eggs so I've made a mental note to try this sort of thing again in the Spring, maybe with some pastel colours.

Colours used: Cappuccino - Barry M, Cream Soda - Barry M, Cocoa - Barry M

1 comment: