Sunday 14 February 2021

Valentines Day Comic Nails

Happy Valentines day! Hearts and things aren't really my style so to be honest I'll be glad when my Instagram newsfeed goes back to more normal nail art! That being send I couldn't resist doing a few valentines related looks, and this is the one I was looking forward to the most. I bought this stamping plate a while back as it's got a fun selection of images, and recently had the idea that they would work really well for a valentines look. The idea is that on my middle finger it's me and my man (I've always got mt hair in a bun) and on the others it's people being jealous that I'm kissing him... or grossed out by us kissing - your call! :D

I started with a base of pale pink (colours listed below pictures). Once dry I used black stamping polish to add images from Mo You London's Comics 06 stamping plate. They were slightly on the small side for my nails even though I had filed them down a little, but I rectified this but using another black nail polish and a small nail art brush to round off the images. On my thumbnail I added a line of black at the bottom of images as well and I really like the way it looks.

I had originally intended to use sharpies or watered down nail polish to colour the images in, but like it so much the way it is that I decided to just add a top coat and leave it as it is. I like the kind of vintage look it gives and the images came out so well. I love MYL plates and I'm really loving my Dance Legend black stamping polish too.

Colours used: Vintage Tee - Nails Inc, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Lady In Black - OPI

2 comments:

  1. This looks really cute. Love it :-D Happy Valetine's Day :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you <3 Happy Valentines Day for yesterday!

    ReplyDelete