Tuesday 9 February 2021

Northern lights in Norway Nails

Hey everyone! More purple nails today. These were done for a collaboration on Instagram for which the theme was Things You Love About Winter. I adore snow but knew lots of people would choose that so chose to do a Norway theme instead, as I love going to Norway in the run up to Christmas (didn't last year for obvious reasons but hope to again in December). I was also keen to use my Noel 06 stamping plate from Mo You London again and it tied in well with this theme.

I started with a base of pale purple on some nails and dark purple on others. I then added a layer of Flakie Holo Taco on all nails, which I love but with everything else on top I'm not sure I should have done! On my index, little finger and thumb nails I layered up some snow and other images from the stamping plate in purple and white. On the middle two nails I added some silver stars and then the Northern Lights Pattern in white. Over the top of the white polish I added some pale green which doesn't show up that well but I'm fine with that as it gives enough of a hint of green to work! I then layered the deer silhouette images in silver and black.

Overall I'm rather pleased with these. I probably didn't need the flakie topper, although it does add a bit of extra sparkle, and at first I thought the deer were a bit too dark but I like it all together as a look. Fingers crossed for a trip to Norway again in December!

Colours used: Wardour Street - Nails Inc, Plum - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Key Lime - Barry M, Flakie Holo Taco - Holo Taco, Foil Effects in Silver - Barry M, Foil Effects in Gold - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend

1 comment: