Monday 15 February 2021

The lobsters are back in town!

Hello again! I'm back so soon because I have more (sort of) Valentines nail art to share. I admit this one isn't particularly romantic to look at, it has more of a seaside theme, but I do enjoy lobsters as a Valentines theme because of the whole 'He's her lobster' saga in the popular sitcom Friends. I couldn't keep these on long as they were really catching on things but they were fun for a day!

I started with a base of five different blues (colours listed below the pictures) to add some interest to the base (I thought a pattern would be too much with the lobsters), and then added a layer of Linear Holo Taco which gave a lovely sparkle. To stick the lobsters on I dabbed a bit of clear nail polish on each nail and pressed the lobsters down on top. I thought they'd be a bit more flexible but it was hard to flatten them down, even after a layer of 'glitter grabber' polish and top coat. Worth a go though!

In summary I love the way these look, they have a good seaside/summer vibe as well as being romantic (sort of!). I'd probably only wear them again for a novelty at a social event or something, and probably not in the winter as they're a nightmare with gloves! They aren't technically nail art lobsters so I can't complain, and will look forward to doing some crafts with them :) They were a gift from my sister who always gets me something lobster themed for Christmas (it's become a cute tradition).

Colours used: Laguna - Barry M, Blueberry - Barry M, Cyan - Barry M, Cobalt - Barry M, Indigo - Barry M, Linear Holo Taco - Holo Taco

2 comments:

  1. OMG how cute are these little guys :-D Awesome :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks :D I love them, I have sooo many so can do lots of lobster crafts!

      Delete