Thursday 12 May 2016

ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia Awareness Day Nails

Hello nail world! Today is ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia awareness day, and I am taking part in a nail art link-up organised by Becca at A Certain Becca Nails. I must admit I knew little about these conditions, but have done my research, and am proud to be wearing the official colours in support of those who suffer from them.

The colours associated with this day are purple and blue, so I used these (alongside a bit of green that snuck in!) to try dry brushing for the first time. I think it worked reasonably well, but came out better on my left hand, as you can see below. The right hand looks a bit faded. I've seen that a symbol associated with this day is a butterfly, so decided to use my Mo You Kitty Collection 12 stamping plate for some gold outlines of butterfly wings. Unfortunately the wing patterns are a bit wider than my nails, so it looks more like a sort of paint splatter effect... I think it worked better when I used them for advanced stamping, as the different colours on the wing patterns made them a little more obvious.

Overall though I like this design (just not as a butterfly design!), and am pleased to be taking part in this link up. Please check out the other designs in the link up at the bottom of this post. They put me to shame! TTFN
Colours used: Alpine Snow - OPI, Guava - Barry M, Cobalt Blue, Barry M, Raspberry - Barry M, Gold Foil Effect - Barry M


1 comment: