Monday 30 May 2016

Origami Sea Creatures: Inspired By Paperchase

Hello everyone! This was meant to be a stamping Sunday post, but I got a little carried away yesterday and ran out of time. Feels like a Sunday to me still as we have a bank holiday today in the UK, so I've sort of lost track of the days a little! As usual it is going too fast though!

The manicure I'm showing you today was inspired by a lovely passport cover I saw online, and just had to get when shopping yesterday. Glitter and sea creatures are two great loves of mine, so I couldn't resist! I didn't quite stick to the colour scheme as you can see. I went for Eye Candy by Danglefoot Polish as I hadn't yet tried it. It is wonderfully sparkly!
Fortunately I happen to have an origami sea creature stamping plate from Mo You London (Origami Plate Collection 05) as I'm not sure how I would have attempted this otherwise! The plate has sea creatures, dinosaurs and mythical creatures on, it's basically perfect, all it needs is some cats! I used my Uber Mat to make decals to place on my nail. I used dotting tools to colour in the images which was nice and easy as I was only using one colour for each image. Before placing the images I used Foxy Paws Smooth Operator to give me a nice level surface. After trimming around the images and sticking them down I finished off with my glossy Nails Inc Kensington Caviar top coat to give it some serious shine!
Colours used: Eye Candy - Danglefoot Polish, Smooth Operator - Foxy Paws, Grey - Barry M, St James - Nails Inc, Coconut - Barry M, Seven Dials - Nails Inc, Key Lime - Barry M, Wardour Street - Nails Inc, Papaya - Barry M, Spring Greeg - Barry M, Seymour Walk - Nails Inc, Guava - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment