Wednesday 3 June 2020

Kiwi Skittle Nails

Hello everyone, hope you are safe and well in these crazy times! Today on my nail blog I'm trying for the first time a monthly challenge, where there are a number of prompts throughout the month, usually following a particular theme. One challenge in particular that I keep seeing on my Instagram feed is the glam nails challenge. This months theme is all fruit based prompts, and I thought that seemed fun, so I will give it a go and see if I can actually manage to complete the whole month. It feels unlikely but you never know!

The first prompt, which is due today, is Kiwi fruit. I have done kiwi fruit nails before as part of  a set of fruit themed nails, but this time I used a stamping plate rather than freehand. I used the Tropical 10 stamping plate from Mo You London for the black kiwi pattern. Looking at it now I think I should have done a gradient going out from the middle as well. I decided to do a sort of skittle nails effect, with different shades of green and yellow kiwi's. I stamped the kiwi pattern on top in black, and then used a nail art brush to fill the middle in with cream nail polish. I did this instead of advanced stamping, and I think it works for most nails but not the darkest one where it just kind of looks like a messy blob as you can't really see the black pattern.

So overall I wasn't massively keen on these, which is a shame as they are my first glam nails entry, but onwards and upwards I guess! I think I need to perfect the technique of making them look more kiwi like with a gradient, maybe even added some glitter. The first couple of pictures below have a matte topcoat, and the second two a shiny one, I think the matte pictures look better but in person I prefer them shiny. Hopefully more fruit nail art to come!
Colours used: Notting Hill Carnival - Nails Inc, Key Lime - Barry M, Spring Green - Barry M, Watermelon - Barry M, Marylebone - Nails Inc, Black Stamping Polish - Nails Inc, Cream Soda - Barry M

2 comments: