Wednesday 10 June 2020

Lemony Fresh Nails

Hey everyone! Welcome back to the fruit nail blog! (that's how it feels this month!) Today's glam nails challenge prompt is lemons, and this is my attempt. The stamping plates I used for this look are the Fruit Deco plate from Maniology, and Tropical 34 from Mo You London.

I started with a base of white polish (colours listed below the pictures), and then created decals for the stripy nails, using my Uber Mat. It was surprisingly satisfying filling the stripes in with my little nail art brush. While the decals where drying I did the stamping on my other nails, all of which involved layered stamping, where I stamped the yellow on first, then the green, and finally the black outline. I struggled a bit with the Maniology images on this occasion, I couldn't get the green right so you can't really see it. May be something to do with going for a run half way through doing my nails and getting a bit tired!

So overall I quite like these, they're fun, but would definitely be better if I'd mastered the Maniology lemons. I did master them previously on another look which you can see here. I also did some freehand lemons aages ago which I'm still quite proud of! You can see them here. So this nail art is not my best lemon art but I still like it!
Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Key Lime - Barry M, Yellow - Barry M, Seven Dials - Nails Inc, Cyan - Barry M, Sloane Avenue - Nails Inc

2 comments: