Sunday 14 June 2020

Stamping Sunday: Forecasting Strawberries!

Hi everyone! Today I am forecasting strawberries for the next Glam Nails Challenge prompt. I can't remember exactly how I came up with this idea but I wanted to make my strawberry nail art a bit more interesting and thought I'd theme them around hot weather, though it's certainly been a bit temperamental here in the UK for the last week or so!

I started with a cream base on three nails, and a yellow base on the other two. For the wording I used Uber Chic's Forecasting Glam stamping plate, and a dotting tool to colour in the sun. For the strawberries on my thumb and little fingernails I used the layering images on Maniology's Fruit Deco plate. The same colour was used for the different types of strawberries but it looks different due to the colours underneath. The image for the full coverage strawberry nails is from Mo You London's Tropical 10 plate, and it is a bit of a weird one! They've done it in a reverse stamping style, which kind of works but it's then a bit confusing as to what you're meant to do with the leaves. I ended up just colouring them in directly onto my nails with a nail art brush, which seemed to work well.

To be honest I wasn't so keen on these at first, apart from the thumb nail, but they have grown on me a bit! They are certainly summery anyway!
Colours used: Cream Soda - Barry M, Seven Dials - Nails Inc, Key Lime - Barry M, Seymour Walk - Nails Inc, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

2 comments: