Wednesday 24 June 2020

The Apples & The Worm

Hey everyone, happy Worm Day! OK so it's not worm day, it seems that's coming up though (gummy worm day is the 15th July according to Google) but here is some worm nail art! Apples is today's prompt for the Glam Nails Challenge June, and I decided to do worm approaching an apple nail art. I did look on Google images for inspiration and was slightly surprised to learn that I'm not the first to do worm nails!

I started with a pale pink base (colours listed below images) and then used red nail polish to create the apple shapes using the brush from the bottle. I particularly like the way the one on my index finger came out, it wasn't entirely intentional as I was aiming for more symmetry but I think it looks more apple-y this way! I was going to do a little white reflection on it but it was shiny enough to look reflective anyway. For the worm I drew the outline with a nail art pen, then coloured it in using nail polish and a nail art brush. Outlining it with the same brush and black nail polish was the hardest bit so it is a bit wobbly!

Overall I quite like these as they're cute, though I wish I could have done the outline of the worm a bit neater! I also made a mistake with the two leaves on the apple on my thumb, it would have been better with one I think. Still, worm nails are certainly a first for me! I did apple nails once years ago which were very unsuccessful so I'm pleased that these came out better!
Colours used: Vintage Tee - Nails Inc, Dead Heat - Barry M, Tickled Taupe - Painted Polish, Cocoa - Barry M, Spring Green - Barry M, Lady In Black - OPI

2 comments:

  1. That apple look amazing and cute worm :-D

    I think earth worms are pretty cool creatures, often save them from the heat if they are on slabs or such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :)

    I totally agree, I do find them strangely cute!

    ReplyDelete