Sunday 7 June 2020

Stamping Sunday: Juicy Watermelon Nails

Hi everyone! I'm back with more fruit nail art for the glam nails challenge. I also thought I'll bring back Stamping Sundays for a bit as I'm going to try and post some of the fruit designs for the challenge on Sundays. I expect a lot of the fruit nail art I do will be stamping related, and this one is certainly no exception.

I started with a base of white on three nails, and pale green and magenta on the other two. For the watermelon pattern on my thumb and little finger nails I used the Maniology Fruit Deco plate. This image is a layering image so nice and easy to do, although I had a bit of trouble with the black outline, as my black stamping polish is getting a bit thick, so the thumb nail is a bit messy. For the green nail I used the Tropical 07 plate from Mo You London. The image was only just tall enough for my nail. I do have a similar image on another plate but it's wider so I don't get so many stripes. For the remaining two nails I used the Tropical 34 plate (also MYL). The watermelon slice image is also a layered image so there was no advanced stamping in this look.

I really like these. They're fun and summery, and I do enjoy a good watermelon theme! I'd be tempted to do this look again and maybe even add some glitter in there somewhere. I was also impressed with how the dark green and magenta polishes stamped (colours listed below the pictures). See you soon!
Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Seymour Walk - Nails Inc, Key Lime - Barry M, Watermelon - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

2 comments: