Sunday 21 June 2020

Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Banana Nails!

Hey everyone, hope you're having/ have had a good weekend! Today I'm sharing the next installment in the Glam Nails June challenge, just two more to go after this! Today's prompt is bananas. Actual bananas.... not the prompt is totally bananas :D I included a little throw back in this nail art to the banana phone song! I don't actually know how popular that was and if people will have heard of it but I remember discovering it in the early days of YouTube and singing it with my friends and cousins. Go have a listen on YouTube if you like but it will get stuck in your head!

I started with a base of cream on three nails, and yellow on the other two (colours listed below the pictures). Over the yellow nails I used green stamping polish to add this banana leaf sort of image from the Mo You London Tropical 10 plate to my nails. For the other three nails I used banana images from the Fruit Deco plate from Maniology, starting with stamping on the yellow and then the black outline. On my thumb I wanted to add some wording to reference the banana phone song, so created a decal on my Uber Mat, carefully painting the letters with a small brush, covering them with clear polish, and once dry peeling them off to stick on my nails (peeling, how appropriate!). I finished the look off with a matte top coat.

I have mixed feelings about this one. Overall I like the design, I think it's fun! However the bananas didn't come out that well, I didn't quite align the colours right, and am still having trouble with my black stamping polish (I have another on the way!). Also majorly smudged the bananas on my middle finger! The ring ring lettering is quite big as well, but considering they were freehand I am actually quite pleased with how they came out! I did forget that is my wonky thumbnail though which isn't ideal for capturing the look in pictures!
Colours used: Cream Soda - Barry M, Seven Dials - Nails Inc, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Lady In Black - OPI, Forest Green - Mo You London

1 comment: