Thursday 4 June 2020

Tea Time In Blue

Hi again! I'm back with my final entry to the Holo Taco nail art challenge, as they have announced this will be the last theme. I have entered all but one of the weekly challenges, and have thoroughly enjoyed it! I will miss it but at the same time it's also good to focus on some other nail art related things. As usual I've been enjoying looking through other peoples entries, though I am still hoping I'll see some 'Tiger Who Came To Tea' themed nails, but maybe that's a bit specific and not maybe world wide (it's a children's book here in the UK).

On three of my nails I went for a classic china pattern, like you'd find on a tea cup. I used the lovely Porcelain 02 plate from Mo You London. For this effect I started with a cream base, and then stamped the lightly cracked porcelain image over the top in grey. I then added a couple of layers of sheer white to blend it in and fade it a little. I then stamped the pretty patterns over the top in blue, before adding a shiny top coat. I've done this before over all nails and absolutely love this look! There are probably other things I could do with the stamping plate but I think I'll probably keep doing this!

On my ring fingernail I used a gorgeous cobalt blue from Nails Inc, I used a different shade for the stamping, as I knew it stamped well, and I find a polish stamped next to where it's painted in a block colour often looks like a different shade anyway. I think the Nails Inc shade is quite similar to Holo Taco's Royal Tea Blue. I used the Uber Chic Bottoms Up plate for the Tea Time wording and the tea cup. I made a decal for this so I could make the teabag sparkly, although it's hard to see. I used the same stamping plate for the teacup on my thumbnail too. Overall I'm pretty pleased with these, especially the patterned nails :)
Colours used: Cream Soda - Barry M, Allure - Essie, Grey - Barry M, Indigo - Barry M, Baker Street - Nails Inc, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Harp On It - Color Club

2 comments: