Sunday 25 October 2020

Halloween Nails - Bats in the Dark

Hi everyone, I'm feeling super autumnal today, it's very leafy and wet outside which is fitting for todays nail art! Todays Glam Nails Challenge October prompt is bats, I have a few bat nail art options but decided to use one of my newest Mo You London stamping plates, Halloween 13. I was inspired by some bat nails I saw on Instagram to do a sheer white base but I'm not sure that was particularly visible in the end. It did give them a bit off a jelly look.

I started of with a few coats of sheer white, and then added some shimmer using five of the Under the Sea shimmery polishes from Barry M (colours listed below the pictures). Once dry I used black stamping polish to add the bats. I used the same image on each nail but placed it differently for some variety. I then applied a quick dry top coat to seal in the design without smudging the bats. The next part felt a bit weird, especially as I haven't used this black thermal polish before, I painted one coat of it over the top of all my nails. It was really strange putting black over my nail art! The polish is quite thick so one coat was perfect. I finished the look with a glossy top coat.

Once my nails were dry I went downstairs to try out the colour change effect, my nails had remained black until that point as I was a bit cold, so it was SUPER satisfying to see the bats reappear under the hot tap! It honestly made me so happy :D My boyfriend was quite taken with it too! I'll be sharing a colour change video of it on Instagram, but you can see it in it's varieties in the pictures below too. The plain back one is bats in the dark nail art!

Colours used: Allure - Essie, Angelfish - Barry M, Jellyfish - Barry M, Moonfish - Barry M, Butterflyfish - Barry M, Pinktail - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Black Thermal Topcoat - Fancy Gloss

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is fab :-D I love a thermal and with this nail art, it looks amazing <3

    ReplyDelete