Wednesday 7 October 2020

Halloween Nails - Black Cats On The Moon!

Hello again and I hope you're ready for more Halloween nail art! These are probably a bit more versatile than just being Halloween nails, but I have had this design on my mind for a while, so when the Black Cat prompt came up in this months Glam Nails challenge it seemed like the perfect time! I saw this look on the Nail It Mag Instagram account, and then recreated by srg.nails. It didn't entirely go to plan for me but I think it came out OK in the end.

I started off with a grey-ish base, one I got from Topshop when they had their gorgeous matte metallic shades out years ago, it's been a while since I've used it! The next step was to paint a rough outline around my nails using a generous amount of black nail polish. I then used a wide flat brush to try and blend it into the middle a bit. This was the first part where I thought it went wrong, some came out too dark, and all of them looked pretty scruffy. Next I used a small nail art brush and white polish to draw the moons, and at this point I seriously considered giving up on this one, they are pretty wonky, freehand really isn't my strongest skill! I powered through and added some little stars and spots. It was only once I added the cats (using a dotting tool and nail art brush) that I thought it looked OK!

As I wasn't 100% sure on this look I added some shimmer over the top to jazz it up. The last picture shows it before the shimmer/glitter. So overall I adored the original look, mine was not so good but it did get a lot better once I added the cats! Good freehand practise too!

Colours used: Easy Peasy - Topshop, Lady In Black - OPI, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Crystal Shimmer - Accessorize 

2 comments: