Friday 9 October 2020

Whale On The Nail

Hello and Happy Friday! Bit of a backlog blog post today as I was waiting to post this once the collaboration post had gone up on Instagram. I did these as part of the Nail Addicts Collab on Instagram, where a theme is posted each month, and the pictures are shared together in a collage. This time the theme was the elements: earth, wind fire and water. I went for water as I had this look in mind already, a friend had also suggested I do humpback whale nails, so here they are!

I started with a base of pale blue (colours listed below the pictures) and some sheer shimmer over the top. I then used blue nail polish and the Sailor 18 stamping plate from Mo You London to add some water ripples, a seahorse and a humpback whale. I added some waves first on my middle two nails using white stamping polish to add some depth. I was so impressed with how well the blue nail polish stamped. It's just a regular shade from Barry M but it stood out well and the lines came out really crisp, even the finer details. I also noticed that I ended up using almost all high street brands for a change!

These were pretty easy to do and I'm really pleased with how they came out :) I love the colours and I'm so pleased with how the seahorse and humpback whale came out. Back to more Halloween nails next!

Colours used: Borrowed & Blue - Essie, Cobalt - Barry M, Butterflyfish - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing <3

    So sad to read of the all whales dying and their numbers are so low :'-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Very true, they are such beautiful gentle animals <3

      Delete