Wednesday 14 October 2020

Halloween Nails - Sugar Skulls & Passionfruit Tea

HelloOOooO everyone! More Halloween nails today of course! Todays prompt for the Glam Nails Challenge October is Sugar Skulls. I have done sugar skull nails a couple of times before, always freehand, and I've always liked the way they came out. The first time was a full set which reminds me of a holiday I went on in the run up to Halloween one year, you can see them here. The others I did last year, with the same base I used for these ones, and some autumn leaves too, you can see them here. I used a tutorial by Hannah Rox It nails for the shapes.

This time I did the Hannah Rox It skulls the other way up to last time, the same way as she does it in her tutorial. I think it looks better this way as it suits the shape of my nails better. I also missed the outline of the eyes with this one and I think they look better for it. While the first time I did multi coloured eyes, then chrome ones, this time I picked the pastel shades of my two new Cuticula polishes, and finished the look off with a matte top coat to bring out the details and colours. I enjoy the simplicity of it and I'm pleased with how the skulls came out, I definitely don't want to take them off!

Colours used: Passionfruit Tea - Cuticula, Sugary Sweet Death - Femme Fatale, Lady In Black - OPI, Honeydew Tea - Cuticula

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing. Those skulls are kinda cute I think :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm definitely a 'cute Halloween' rather than a 'scary Halloween' person!

      Delete