Friday 25 March 2016

Mini Egg Nails - A Classic Easter Manicure

Today I'm showing a design  I did for last Easter, and am very much tempted to try again as I just loved the final effect, and it was so easy to do. This by no means an original design, I have seen it sooo many times online, whoever thought of it first is a nail art genius! Before trying it myself I looked at a number of different tutorials, and then  took the steps I liked best.

Mini Egg Nails - How To
  1. Paint your nails in plain pastel colours, the sort you'd find in a pack of delicious chocolate eggs
  2. On a piece of plastic or tin foil, paint a splodge of dark brown polish (or back if you don't have brown)
  3. Use an old toothbrush (or a nail art fan brush if you think that's too icky!) to pick up some of the brown polish, and lightly dab it on to your nails.
  4. Start lightly and then build up for your desired speckled effect.
  5. Put some white or cream polish onto your plastic/foil
  6. Using cling film/ saran wrap, gently pick up some of the polish and very lightly dab it onto your nails, this gives the effect of a light dusting of sugar.
  7. Finish with a matte top coat. Ta da!
Colours used: Wardour Street - Nails Inc, Coconut - Barry M, Notting Hill Carnival - Nails Inc, Mint Green - Barry M, Peach Melba - Barry M, Cocoa - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment