Sunday 12 July 2020

Pearlescent Seashells

Hello all and happy Sunday! Todays Glam Nails Challenge July prompt is seashells, which was very well timed as I have recently purchased the Seashells Aplenty stamping plate from UberChic Beauty. There are so many possibilities with shell nail art, and I went with something quite subtle and a bit pearlescent.

I started with three coats of Barry M's Mani Mask in 'Bashful' to give a natural look, but built it up again so it was nice and pink too. For the shells I used a different image from the Seashells Aplenty plate on each nail. I made decals on my Uber Mat using white stamping polish, and filled in each one with a different shimmery nail polish from Barry M's Under the Sea collection, colours listed below the pictures. I finished the look off with a shiny top coat, though they did look nice a bit matte too before I put the top coat on.

Overall I like these but wonder if I should have gone for more of a nude background rather than pink. I think the shimmery polishes work well for the shells though. There are a lot of shells on the new stamping plate so I will have to come up with some more shell nail art soon!
Colours used: Bashful - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Angelfish - Barry M, Butterflyfish - Barry M, Moonfish - Barry M, Jellyfish - Barry M, Pinktail - Barry M

2 comments: