Sunday 19 July 2020

Whaling Around

Hi everyone, happy Sunday! It's raining here in the south of England but I don't mind as it's cooled it down a bit. Today is another prompt for the Glam Nails Challenge July and I think it is my favourite so far, so happy with these! The prompt was whales (an excellent prompt in my opinion) and I took inspiration from a rather quirky swimsuit I have, I've included a picture right at the bottom of this blog post. It's from an online shop called Bakato who make really quirky swimwear using recycled materials, and I absolutely love it!

I started with a base of Barry M's Laguna, a perfect summery base colour, and then made decals from the Mo You London Sailor 18 plate, which is one of my all time favourites. There are two Orca images on there which I stamped onto my Uber Mat in black (over a thin layer of clear polish). I then used a dotting tool to fill in the white part of the whales with white nail polish, and once dry added another layer of clear polish. Once it was all dry I peeled the decals off the mat, trimmed them down and applied them to my nails, finishing off with a matte top coat.

As someone who does use stamping a lot, I found this was pretty simple to do for a result I loved! I would have definitely struggled to remove this look but sadly it did chip slightly after a few days (I blame the matte top coat and doing the dishes!). At least that made it easier for me to remove it for my next look!
Colours used: Laguna - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Floral Street - Nails Inc

2 comments: