Friday 24 July 2020

Zen Yoga In Lockdown Nails

Hey everyone! Today I have some chilled out pastel nail art which I did for this months Nail Addicts Collab on Instagram. The theme this month is 'favourite thing to do in lock down'. I'm cheating a little as my favourite thing to do in lock down has been painting my nails! I've done some other nail art themed around that lately though so I decided to theme my nails with another thing I've enjoyed doing during lock down - Yoga. I used to do it a while ago but got out of the habit, and have enjoyed doing Yoga with Adriene videos on YouTube in the mornings before work.

For this look I started with a base of lilac on my little finger and thumb nails, blue on my middle finger nail and cream on the other two. I used the Mandala 16 stamping plate from Mo You London for all the images in this look. I created decals on my Uber Mat for the flower and yoga pose nails (see how here), and let them dry while I did the rest of the stamping on my other nails. On my middle finger I layered two images over each other. I feel like Namaste is the ultimate yoga word so I had to have it on there! I finished off with a matte top coat to make the colours pop.

I am so pleased with how these came out! I think the colours worked really well and were flattering, and it's definitely my favourite way I've used this stamping plate. I totally want to recreate it again on both hands. I particularly enjoyed looking down at them while in downwards facing dog position too!
Colours used: Lexington Gardens - Nails Inc, Laguna - Barry M, Cream Soda - Barry M, Foil Effect in Gold - Barry M, Pink Lemonade - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

2 comments: