Sunday 5 July 2020

Seahorses Among Coral Nails

Hi everyone, happy Sunday! So last month I took part in the Glam Nails Challenge, which involves painting your nails to match a number of prompts over the month, posting these on Wednesdays and Sundays. I don't usually do them as there are so many prompts to squeeze in, but as social activities are still limited and I am doing different nail art on each hand I've been managing to squeeze them in! So when July's prompts came out I really liked them and having enjoyed June's I decided I will do it again this month. I have already missed the first prompt for Wednesday which was corals, so have combined it with the second prompt, seahorses, for this look. Next month I might try a smaller challenge like the Dimension Nails one which has four prompts in a month but will see!

So for this look I started with a peel off base coat, and then three layers of a new polish for me, which is Woodnote from Polished for days. I don't usually go for pinks but this one is a purple-y pink and I love the gold flakies in it. For the corals I used a negative space image from my new Just Beachy stamping plate from Uber Chic which I am so excited about! There is a matching image of multiple corals that isn't negative space, and an individual coral which I put on my thumb, layering it in green then black. I also used a layering image from the same plate in green and black for the seahorses.

So I'm cheating a bit with this one as I'm doing two prompts in one, but wanted to take part and I don't want to miss any out so this is my compromise! I like this look overall though it's not one of my favourites. I do really enjoy the beautiful flakie polish!
Colours used: Woodnote - Polished for days, Watermelon - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

Bonus pictures here of my nails on a walk we went on yesterday morning. I enjoyed them in this light though I must admit they do look more pink here than they usually do, the first four pictures are more true to colour.

1 comment: