Wednesday 8 July 2020

Sailing Boat Sailor Nails

Hey everyone! Running late with this as we've had some internet issues but getting it in just in time as my nail art for today's Glam Nails Challenge July prompt, which is Sailing Boat. This nail art was very much a see how it goes sort of look, where I kept changing my mind and picking things to do as I went along. On this occasion that worked well for me as I love these!

On my index and ring fingernails I used bronze nail polish (colours listed below the pictures) and stamped sailor tattoo style images from Mo You London's Sailor 16 plate which has been sitting in my collection untried for probably about 2 years! So I am glad I've finally used it! On my other nails I used the fluid nail art technique, where the polishes are spotted onto a stamping mat, and squished down with a stamper to blend them and let the special effect Spot It polishes do their thing. I love how these came out and have included some bonus pictures at the bottom of this blog post showing them before stamping over the top.

The sailing boat image is from the Sailor 01 plate and the fish on my thumb nail are from the Sailor 18 plate (both Mo You London). I had been wondering whether to have the boat coloured in but I'm glad I didn't as I think it works better plain against the pattered background. I finished off the look with a shiny top coat (Nails Inc Kensington Caviar) as I think this adds nicely to the fluid nail art effect. I'm so pleased with the colour combination :) Hope you like them too!
Colours used: Bronze Bae - Barry M, Bruton Place - Nails Inc, Spot It White - Dance Legend, Spot It Blue - Dance Legend, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

3 comments:

  1. That is a great boat and loving that Barry M :-D

    ReplyDelete