Sunday 26 July 2020

Travelling Around The Map Nails

Hello from the map on my nails! This is another Glam Nails Challenge July prompt, this time it's Travel. I was going to do boats but then remembered that I have this Geography themed plate from Mo You London's Scholar collection which has map images, and thought that would be suitable and a little different too. It also gets another stamping plate off my untried pile!

I started with a base of beige (colours listed below the pictures) which was as close as I could get to a that brownish old map colour! To give it that mottled look of old paper (but sparkly) I used some cling film (saran wrap) to dab on some metallic gold and bronze polish. Following that I stamped map images over the top in brown. The one on my thumb didn't come out entirely but I actually think that works quite well, giving it an older map look. I finished off the look with a matte top coat as I've never seen an old map that's shiny!

Overall I quite like these. They're kind of subtle, and contrasted greatly to the bright neon design I had on my other hand! (Palm trees from a couple of posts back)
Colours used: Basil Street- Nails Inc, Cocoa - Barry M, Gold Digger - Barry M, Bronze Bae - Barry M

2 comments: