Tuesday 16 August 2016

Olympic Nails

Good evening everyone! I'm currently watching the Olympic cycling, so very appropriate for today's blog post! My boyfriend has been suggesting I try Olympic nails for a while, and I thought I'd get on with it before it's too late! They're not particularly Rio themed (apart from the red polish being called Red Hot Rio!) but these are my first Olympic nails so I wanted to keep it fairly simple! I was also keen to have my first proper go with the Barry M Molten Metals which I have finally got hold of (swatches to follow at a later date).

I started off with a white base, and used a large dotting tool to paint on the medals, starting small and adding more and more. For the medal straps I used a nail art brush and nail polish (all colours listed below the pictures). I then used a small nail art brush to paint on the 2016 and Olympic rings. The rings are pretty wobbly, they were a surprisingly difficult shape to paint! I think in the future I would do the rings with acrylic paints as they would potentially be a bit easier to tidy up.

I'm glad to be doing a bit of freehand again, I think I need more practise but it's so easy to get hooked in by stamping. I do love a bit of advanced stamping! I hope you enjoy the rest of the Olympics! TTFN

Colours used: Alpine Snow - OPI, Gold Digger - Barry M, Silver Lining - Barry M, Bronze Bae - Barry M, Lady In Black - OPI, Cobalt - Barry M, Red Hot Rio - OPI, Yellow - Barry M, Spring Green - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment