Thursday 4 August 2016

Lilac Lace

Hiya! I've got a bit of a subtle design to show you today. It's another where I've been testing out a new stamping plate, so wanted to try a as many of the images as possible!

After trying out Lakodom from Picture Polish I wanted to try something with it that would be subtle enough to still let some of the shimmer show through. I chose Barry M's purple foil effect polish, which I have had for absolutely ages and very rarely use! The gold and silver ones stamp so well so I thought this was worth a go. Sure enough it stamped great! The shade is fairly pale so I'm not sure how it would work over darker colours, will have to give it a go some time.

The only thing I would change about this mani would be the top coat. I finished off with a nice glossy top coat, but this seemed to make the purple fade a little. It's strange, I wonder if it's because it blurred the edges really slightly or something. Next time I will do top coat free!

Overall I like the look and would wear it again, I think it's good for summer and a nice subtle one for work.
Colours used: Lakodom - Picture Polish, Purple Foil Effect - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment