Saturday 3 April 2021

A Unicorn Scale Mermaid Tail

Hello world! I'm feeling good today as I've been off work for a couple of days and have been enjoying the Spring weather and being able to go for walks with people again! The nail look I'm sharing today isn't particularly Easter themed but it's one I wanted to try with the new Holo Taco Unicorn Skins and I couldn't resist trying it straight away!

I saw a similar look by Nerdy Nail Art on Instagram (but with a black base) and loved it so had to give it a go. I started with a dark green base, and then used some of the Holo Taco sponges to add a little dab of all six Unicorn Skin polishes to each nail. These sponges were a bit less absorbent than I expected so I didn't get a particularly thick layer of flakies (the sponges I usually use give a more intense pop of flakies or colour). I could have added another layer here to get a more intense look but it already looked so pretty so I went straight in with the stamping! For the scale outline I used black stamping polish and the Bundle Monster Twi Star stamping plate. I finished the look with a glossy top coat. 

I do love the dark mermaid look. It wasn't exactly what I was going for but I like it anyway and would totally try something similar again. I loved seeing all the different coloured flakies catching the light. The Unicorn Skins never fail to amaze me!

Colours used: Watermelon - Barry M, Solar Unicorn Skin, Lunar Unicorn Skin, Aurora Unicorn Skin, Galactic Unicorn Skin, Cosmic Unicorn Skin, Sonic Unicorn Skin - all Holo Taco

No comments:

Post a Comment