Sunday 11 April 2021

Spring Skittle Nails... Had to be Mini Eggs!

Hello and happy Sunday! I hope you're having a good weekend, it's nearly coming to an end for me but I know I have leftover lasagne for tea and I'm pretty excited about it! Today's nail art was created for today's Glam Nails Challenge prompt on Instagram, which is pastel skittle. In case you don't know a skittle mani is where the nails are all different colours. Given the time of year I thought mini egg nails would be perfect for this, I've also done this look once before and love it so much! It's so easy to do and perfect for Easter - I know Easter weekend has passed but I am still eating mini eggs so it feels appropriate. I've also found that eating mini eggs leaves my hands smelling of mini eggs which totally fits the theme so I must keep eating them!

I started with a base of five different pastel colours which mini eggs come in, I've listed the shades I used below the pictures. Once dry I used a fan brush and lightly applied some dark brown nail polish (black works too but if you have brown it has a more 'natural' look!) from the brush. I then used the fan brush to lightly apply specs of brown polish. That's pretty much it! I added a matte top coat to complete the look and unfortunately did smudge the yellow one a little. There is a step you can do to add a light dusting of white, which I did last time I tried this, but to be honest I don't think it makes all that much difference and I was sleepy! 

As expected I really like these! It's such a fun look and so easy to do! I've done it before for myself and for a friend, and will most likely do it again! 

Colours used: Marylebone Road - Nails Inc, Berry Ice Cream - Barry M, Cream Soda - Barry M, Notting Hill Carnival - Nails Inc, Strawberry Ice Cream - Barry M, Cocoa - Barry M

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours you have used :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much :D I love doing mini egg nails! (and indeed eating mini eggs)

    ReplyDelete