Wednesday 28 April 2021

A Dandelion Silhouette

Hello again! More Glam Nails Challenge nail art to share today. I really had no idea what to do for this theme but I couldn't just miss the one prompt for the whole month! The prompt is dandelions, and I have no dandelion images on my many stamping plates, so had to give some freehand a go. Fortunately they are pretty simple, but I'm not well practised in freehand!

I started with a base of white on my middle two nails and pale purple on the others. I then used a small thin nail art brush to paint on the dandelion and stray seeds in black. I'm not well experienced at this so had to tidy the stem up a bit after, but I think it kind of works in a kind of 'meant to be messy' kind of way! I took inspiration from various looks I saw online and tried to keep it as simple as possible. I then added a layer of shimmery 'unicorn skin' topper over the purple nails, and finally added a matte top coat to finish off.

I quite like these, they're not my favourite I've done but I think they're quite cute and Spring like! There have been a couple of times though where for a split second out of the corner of my eye I've mistaken the dandelion for a spider - not ideal! :D

Colours used: Wardour Street - Nails Inc, Floral Street - Nails Inc, Lady In Black - OPI, Cosmic Unicorn Skin - Holo Taco

No comments:

Post a Comment