Sunday 4 April 2021

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! I'm sharing this a little later in the day than planned but only because I spent so long making a nut roast for lunch and after that we went for a walk with some of my family. It was lovely to see them and a lovely sunny day too! I was excited to use this base colour (colours listed below images) as it's a gift from my boyfriend and it's such a perfect shade for Easter! It's also my first ever Starrily nail polish. I now have four and I've been enjoying trying them out.

I used a mixture of advanced stamping and layered stamping for this look. On my index and little fingernails I added the images from Mo You London's Festive 58 stamping plate in white, and then added brighter colours over the top. I did struggle to line the spots up but I think it looks OK. For my other three nails I used the advanced stamping technique (see how here) to create decals using my Uber Mat. I finished the look with my favourite glossy top coat, Nails Inc's Kensington Caviar.

I like the way these came out, they are very much Easter and Spring nails and I'm pleased with how crisp and bright the images are. The only not so good part is I did end up smudging the top of the thumb nail a little when lifting a heavy pan - so annoyed about that as it's my favourite nail! Still, it's only the top of it and you can still see all the little micro bunnies looking cute! Happy Easter!

Colours used: Mint To Be - Starrily, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Cyan - Barry M, Notting Hill Carnival - Nails Inc, Indigo Child - Starrily, Cappuccino - Barry M, Papaya - Barry M, Key Lime - Barry M, White Horse Street - Nails Inc

2 comments: