Monday 26 April 2021

Abstract Florals with a Surprise Twist!

Hello everyone! I've been seeing abstract nail art designs everywhere for some time now, and decided to give it a go myself with some pretty purple and blues. I tried something similar when doing some One Nail To Rule Them All tutorials in the autumn but this time I stamped the images rather than drawing them myself which definitely makes them neater!

I started with a white base and then added a swipe of blue followed by purple (colours listed below images). I then used a dotting tool to add some black dots on each nail. To be honest I think this step maybe makes it a bit too busy - when I did it I'd forgotten I was also adding the stamping! Once I remembered what I was doing I used Mo You London's Fall In Love 10 plate to add the leaf prints in black. Finally, I used tweezers and gold leaf to apply little shiny bits of gold in empty white spaces on my nail before finishing with a glossy top coat.

The surprise - So the purple I used was a new one which was a gift from my lovely boyfriend. Once the nail art was all dry and I was in the shower I noticed that the purple I'd chosen had turned green! I momentarily forgot thermal polishes are a thing and was quite shocked! I had wondered why he chose a colour I already had but now I know! I think it really works well for this look, and shows up well in the pictures below. A great present!

Overall I'm pretty pleased with these - especially the colour changing element!

Colours used: Cream Soda - Barry  M, Mermaid Tail - Starrily, Laguna - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

No comments:

Post a Comment