Sunday 25 April 2021

Stamping Sunday: Cats in the Garden

Hello world! I feel like I'm losing the plot today, it's only 10am and I'm so sleepy, planning to go for a run shortly too! Today's nail art is for glam nails challenge, and I'm thinking about bringing back stamping Sundays so thought I'd include it as that too. The theme for this prompt is cats. I feel like I have done quite a few cat nails already this year but I have a few cat stamping plates so I have no complaints!

I started with a base of white polish and then used black stamping polish to apply the cat images from Mo You London's Crazy Cat Lady 04 stamping plate. Once dry I applied a layer of quick dry top coat to protect the images for the next stage. I included a picture of how it looks in black and white as I do really like it and was tempted to leave it this way. Once the top coat was dry I mixed up some sharpie ink with nail polish remover to apply some colour with a small brush. I soon realised I wanted the colours to be brighter so used the sharpies directly into my nails. I initially did the ginger cat orange but it was way to bright so I added some brown which gave it a bit of a mottled effect. I finished the look with a matte top coat.

Overall I quite like these but am not so sure about the ring and little fingernail images. They are OK but I'm not sure they flow that well. I like the index and middle fingernails and think the contrast of the colours works well. Also love the thumb, I do have a habit of doing the thumb nail best, I think it's because there's more nail to work with!

Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Assorted Sharpies

No comments:

Post a Comment